Nursery Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve tried to answer all our childcare UK FAQs here, hope it helps!
Are you Ofsted regulated?
What security measures do you have in place?
- All Third Door visitors are required to sign in at the reception, provide their contact details and a photograph is taken for security.
- Our Nursery has a secure entry system where only staff know the entry code. This is changed on a regular basis.
- All our staff are CRB checked. All staff are employed by Third Door which means that we have consistent staff members who can build strong relationships with the children and members.
Can I come and see my child in the Nursery or take them out during the day?
Yes, of course although we ask you to respect core hours where staff can carry our their planned activities with the children uninterrupted.
What makes Third Door different from other nurseries?
- Flexibility – you do not have to commit to the same days every week. You are allocated hours within the monthly membership package which you are free to use on the days that suit you.
- Children mix with older and younger children, learning from older children and caring for younger children. Please refer to our blog on a mixed environment.
- Parents can work and have meetings on site as well as spend time with their child.
- Mothers can continue to breastfeed their babies and also pop down to see their child whenever they wish.
- Opportunities to build a stronger relationship with other parents through working in the same environment.
Is lunch and tea provided for my child?
What else do I need to provide?
How far in advance do I need to book my child into the nursery?
Do you accept childcare vouchers?
Am I able to work off-site?
- If you’d like any information about our workhub and nursery in Putney, Wandsworth please contact us. We’d love to hear from you.